Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dont feel like exercising??

What do you do on days when you simply don't feel like exercising? I'm not talking about the normal "I dont feel like it"......Im talking about the " kids are driving you crazy"; or the -"you haven't had but 3 hours sleep"; dont feel like it". You know the one I'm talking about. Today, (2/24) I had a day like that. I woke up feeling like "trash". The last thing on my mind was exercise. Im thanking God  for giving me the strength/wisdom to walk for 30 min .......He knows that I didnt want to do it. Dont get me wrong, I felt much better afterwards, but I really didnt want to do it.


Now my question for whoever is reading this is : What do you do in situations like that?? Do you tell yourself "Ill make it up another day". Or do you half-heartedly go through a strenuous routine.

Well, If you want to exercise smarter, a simple solution to use when you just dont feel like it is to deviate from the plan a little bit. Try these "smart tips":
  1. Take a casual walk for about 20-30 min.
  2. Stretch and massage your muscles for about 10-15 minutes.
  3. Or do Half of whatever you had planned to do. Half the sets, half the weight, half the reps, half the distance, half the intensity, etc.

The key to exercising smarter is looking at it with a "long term" mindset. We want to get into a habit of doing something instead of nothing. Nothing about  is exercise is etched in stone.........except that we must do it safely and consistently. 

****Always remember that we feel much better mentally and physically after weve done what were supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment