Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Ripple Effect

In one of my earlier posts I talked about how important it is to exercise consistently if you want to reach your health and fitness goals. Yet I completely forgot to mention  the ripple effect that consistent exercise has on our family friends and loved ones........

Over the past few months Ive been spending a lot of time with my mom. At times she tells me I'm weird because of the way I eat (lean protein, high-fiber, healthy fats, plenty of water ) and the schedules that I keep (4-5 days resistance training/cardio; regardless of whats going on). However, I didn't quite realize the effect that my "weird" actions were having on her until she started asking questions-I mean A LOT of questions.

My mom finally got to the point where she told me that she would like to start training too. (Praise God!!!) And this past weekend (3/2/13); I had the pleasure of taking my mom to the gym with me. We both got a great workout and we were able to spend some quality time together. God is good.

To my readers, I share this with you as encouragement to continue eating  healthy and exercising  consistently. What we do has an effect on everyone around us. The healthier you are the healthier your family, friends and loved ones will be. My mom is not the "exercise" type. Yet somehow, for some strange reason, she was convinced to go to the gym.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnvaCkQLPhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MjvzEhpM0



No comments:

Post a Comment