Sunday, May 5, 2013

How I became a Personal trainer......Before and After Photos!

240 lbs. !!
A lot of people don't believe  me when I tell them that "I used to weigh 240 lbs". Some think I'm joking or even exaggerating. However, those that really know me and the life that I used to live will tell you that I was  a "Big Boy"!!!

I wasn't always a big guy. Yet, due to a lot of bad lifestyle choices I gained about 70 lbs in 12 months. I was eating and drinking whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted; and even though my health was slowly declining, exercise never even crossed my mind.

I initially began exercising in 2003 when a few of my friends "persuaded" (or basically forced) me to. They knew just as well as I did that my health was terrible. Now that think back, I thank God for these guys because no matter how much I wanted to give up, they wouldn't take "NO" for an answer.........

 After a few months of exercising with my friends, I started to see MAJOR changes in my body. And on top of that, my love for exercise was growing stronger and stronger each time I went to the gym. At first working out was like swallowing bad tasting medicine. But after several months (and plenty of physical results) exercise became very therapeutic..........

Fast forward 2 years later and I went from exercising 2 times a week, to 5-6 times per week. At this point, exercise was a part of my everyday life. I had also begun to study/read about exercise and nutrition; which was what lead me to get my first Personal Trainer Certification in 2006.........

As I reflect back on everything that lead me up to this point, I cannot help but thank God for allowing me to go through everything I've been through. My health issues have actually helped me to become a more humble person and a better trainer. As a Personal Trainer; I'm able to:
  • relate to the person who smokes cigarettes (been there)
  • understand the person who over-eats. (see photo)
  • easily sympathize/relate with the individual who is overweight and wants to get the excess weight off and keep it off. (see photo)
   156 lbs!!



I hope my short testimony will inspire someone to get started on the path to health and fitness. If you need help, or simply dont know where to start, feel free to contact me at:  mackwayne1980@gmail.com  or
http://www.facebook.com/reon.mcilwain




No comments:

Post a Comment